Promethean Boards are smart boards that allow for interaction with the students and teacher. It all begins with building a flipchart with the use of a computer. Each flipchart contains unlimited pages. There are many tools that are available to create the flipchart; these include sounds and video, math tools, and many more. My students love to use the board and often when I encounter a problem I am met with 26+ experts to help out. I have found when I use the Promethean that student engagement increases.
Important Highlights of Promethean Planet:
• Premade flipcharts
• Easy to follow directions
• Free downloads
• Current up-to-date flipcharts
• Allows for educators to share flipcharts
• Easy to customize downloaded flipcharts
• Able to update easily
We all know that as teachers time is short. With Promethean Planet I am able to
scan through hundreds of flipcharts that have been created by teachers around the world. The fact that these are created by teachers is a bonus; we know kid language, standards, and engagement factors. Once I have downloaded my selections I am able to adjust the pages to fit my students’ needs. Many of the charts that I do not use, I am still ableto get ideas for creating flipcharts on my own. It is also through this process that I learn about functions and actions that are available that I was unaware of before helping me to expand my creative process and technology skills.